BAT BARREL & KNOB Bounty= $550 ! NFL Shield Bounty= $650 ! Superfractor Bounty= $350 ! NBA Logoman Bounty= $675 ! Bounties Awarded via Site Credit

Forum

• Author

Chad
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

Please use this thread to determine what you would like to do with the Quad Shield book from National Treasures Random Teams #48. Here are the shareholders:

Lions – dennis75
    Broncos – rhockett1
    Giants – jacobkivett
    Patriots – 1duh1

rhockett1
    Participant

I would prefer to ebay it and split the winnings, unless one of y’all wants to make an offer on it.

1duh1
    Participant

Congrats ALL!!

I believe selling and splitting is the most advantageous for us—Thanks

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

Sell and split.

rhockett1
    Participant

My first reply disappeared, so trying one more time. I’m up for a sell and split, unless someone wants to make an offer to buy the other 3 out.

Squeaks
    Participant

Congrats all.  What a CARD!!!!  3K, 4K, 5K… 😉  I dunno.  Who does?  Awesome.

dennis75
    Participant

I would like to split after selling

Thank you.

dennis75
    Participant

I prefer to split after selling.

Thank you.

rhockett1
    Participant

Does firehand sell it for us and then take out the fees? Also are we doing auction or buy it now? If we are doing a b.i.n. we need to decide on the price, and what the lowest offer we’ll accept is.

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I have no idea what it is worth. I can only find one other similar one that was for sale on April 9 for $10k but sold for $4000 but it looks like it was turned around and sold for $10k on April 14. It was this one: 2018 National Treasures Rookie Quad Shield 1/1 Barkley/Mayfield/Darnold/Ridley. I have attached screen shots of each one. I am happy with anything over $4000 and will leave it up to Chad/Ryan on whether it is Bid or Buy Now.Quad Rookie 2

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

Rookie Quad

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I don’t see my reply here so here it is again.  I found a similar card but with Mayfield that sold for $4000 on April 9 and then sold on April 14 for $10k. I am happy with anything over $4000 and will leave it up to Chad/Ryan on choosing Bid or Buy Now.

Jacob

rhockett1
    Participant

Hey guys, just asked Ryan and he said he’ll list it tonight, but we have to agree on a price first. I’d say we do a buy it now, I’m thinking we set it at maybe 7 or 8k. Maybe sit on it for a week or so, see if we get something over 5k, then after the first week settle for 4k? I have no experience with any cards over $1,000 so if anyone has a better idea I’ll trust your judgement.

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I say if we are going with but it now we go with $10k and if we bid we set a reserve at $4500. As I said before, I will defer to Ryan but that is my thought. With it at $10k we can always accept a lower bid.

Jacob

Chad
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

How about we do an auction with a reserve of $4500? That way, if the bid goes past the reserve it will sell. Let me know!

Ryan

rhockett1
    Participant

I’m cool w that Ryan

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I’m fine with that.

Chad
    Keymaster

Hey guys, just discovered that there is a hefty reserve price fee for reserving the card @ $4500…the cost of the reserve fee is $250. Unlike in the past, eBay now charges this fee regardless if the card sells or not. Previously the reserve fee was lifted if the item makes reserve but that is no longer the case.

This cost would be reflected upon your shares once the card sells. Before I post, would like to reach back out to you guys if you are ok with the reserve fee. Thanks.

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I’m fine with the $250. Jacob

rhockett1
    Participant

So ebay will be getting 250 for the reserve fee, plus 10% of whatever the card sells for? I think if theres not a huge fee i’d vote to switch it to buy it now, but I’ll defer to whatever y’all think is best.

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I think an auction is better because it give a sense of urgency. Each higher bid gives people the fear of missing out.

rhockett1
    Participant

Okay if you think it’ll be worth the extra cost I’ll go with it

1duh1
    Participant

I’m good with whatever everyone decides.

Chad
    Keymaster

test

Chad
    Keymaster

Ok guys, we’ll go ahead and do the listing with the reserve. I’ll have the listing begin on eBay Sunday evening and make it a seven day auction. Will follow up with an item number for you guys once I schedule the listing tonight after my breaks.

Ryan

Chad
    Keymaster

Hey guys, this listing will go live Sunday evening 615p Pacific time. Here is the item number: 303175464157

rhockett1
    Participant

Crappy start for this card, is it gonna get anywhere close? If it doesn’t sell, whats the next plan?

rhockett1
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>So that was a huge letdown. Any advice from the elders? Just stick it back on there with a buy it now?</p>

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  rhockett1.

Chad
    Keymaster

I’ll let you guys decide what the next course is. Ideally, we would prefer to get the card sold and shipped out. From the results of the first listing, you guys now have an idea of the market value on this one. Additionally, note the four of you are on the hook for that reserve fee as well. We can run the auction again and hope that the bidding goes similarly to before.

Let me and Chad know what you guys think. – Ryan

rhockett1
    Participant

I’d vote we put a buy it now, try to get at least 1,000 out of it. Post it for like 3k but accepting offers for less

Nateis2
    Participant

I would be a buyer for the card.  I would go to $800… Save you guys more ebay fees and the fact that it could come in lower.

Jacob Kivett
    Participant

I agree with buy now at the $3k mark. Can we get some more pictures added? Maybe if each player and the back of the card? Just a thought.

1duh1
    Participant

I’m good with whatever everyone would like. That said at this point I would favor a buy it now to field offers if any to get top dollar of course even tho that would take a bit more effort of the firehand staff.

We’re kinda behind the 8-ball having incurred the reserve fee so maximizing value is optimal.

Chad
    Keymaster

We can do a Buy it Now if everyone is in agreement. I would try to put a BIN closer to the amount everyone is willing to accept however. If we did a BIN of $3000 with consideration to accept anything over $1000, you might discourage the $1000 offer with a BIN that high. Just my opinion though… – Ryan

Nateis2
    Participant

I guess no one like my offer of $800.  LOL.  I understand.  A quick word of advice: Now that the card has gone through Ebay it will show in the completed section.  Most people buying high end cards will look at what others like it or the same card have sold for or bid up to.  Reading this I don’t undertsand what dollar amount you guys are looking for but let me know if you come up with one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.