Please use this thread to determine what you would like to do with the Quad Shield book from National Treasures Random Teams #48. Here are the shareholders:
Lions – dennis75
Broncos – rhockett1
Giants – jacobkivett
Patriots – 1duh1
I would prefer to ebay it and split the winnings, unless one of y’all wants to make an offer on it.
I believe selling and splitting is the most advantageous for us—Thanks
Sell and split.
My first reply disappeared, so trying one more time. I’m up for a sell and split, unless someone wants to make an offer to buy the other 3 out.
Congrats all. What a CARD!!!! 3K, 4K, 5K… 😉 I dunno. Who does? Awesome.
I would like to split after selling
I prefer to split after selling.
Does firehand sell it for us and then take out the fees? Also are we doing auction or buy it now? If we are doing a b.i.n. we need to decide on the price, and what the lowest offer we’ll accept is.
I have no idea what it is worth. I can only find one other similar one that was for sale on April 9 for $10k but sold for $4000 but it looks like it was turned around and sold for $10k on April 14. It was this one: 2018 National Treasures Rookie Quad Shield 1/1 Barkley/Mayfield/Darnold/Ridley. I have attached screen shots of each one. I am happy with anything over $4000 and will leave it up to Chad/Ryan on whether it is Bid or Buy Now.
I don’t see my reply here so here it is again. I found a similar card but with Mayfield that sold for $4000 on April 9 and then sold on April 14 for $10k. I am happy with anything over $4000 and will leave it up to Chad/Ryan on choosing Bid or Buy Now.
Hey guys, just asked Ryan and he said he’ll list it tonight, but we have to agree on a price first. I’d say we do a buy it now, I’m thinking we set it at maybe 7 or 8k. Maybe sit on it for a week or so, see if we get something over 5k, then after the first week settle for 4k? I have no experience with any cards over $1,000 so if anyone has a better idea I’ll trust your judgement.
I say if we are going with but it now we go with $10k and if we bid we set a reserve at $4500. As I said before, I will defer to Ryan but that is my thought. With it at $10k we can always accept a lower bid.
How about we do an auction with a reserve of $4500? That way, if the bid goes past the reserve it will sell. Let me know!
I’m cool w that Ryan
I’m fine with that.
Hey guys, just discovered that there is a hefty reserve price fee for reserving the card @ $4500…the cost of the reserve fee is $250. Unlike in the past, eBay now charges this fee regardless if the card sells or not. Previously the reserve fee was lifted if the item makes reserve but that is no longer the case.
This cost would be reflected upon your shares once the card sells. Before I post, would like to reach back out to you guys if you are ok with the reserve fee. Thanks.
I’m fine with the $250. Jacob
So ebay will be getting 250 for the reserve fee, plus 10% of whatever the card sells for? I think if theres not a huge fee i’d vote to switch it to buy it now, but I’ll defer to whatever y’all think is best.
I think an auction is better because it give a sense of urgency. Each higher bid gives people the fear of missing out.
Okay if you think it’ll be worth the extra cost I’ll go with it
I’m good with whatever everyone decides.
Ok guys, we’ll go ahead and do the listing with the reserve. I’ll have the listing begin on eBay Sunday evening and make it a seven day auction. Will follow up with an item number for you guys once I schedule the listing tonight after my breaks.
Hey guys, this listing will go live Sunday evening 615p Pacific time. Here is the item number: 303175464157
Crappy start for this card, is it gonna get anywhere close? If it doesn’t sell, whats the next plan?
I’ll let you guys decide what the next course is. Ideally, we would prefer to get the card sold and shipped out. From the results of the first listing, you guys now have an idea of the market value on this one. Additionally, note the four of you are on the hook for that reserve fee as well. We can run the auction again and hope that the bidding goes similarly to before.
Let me and Chad know what you guys think. – Ryan
I’d vote we put a buy it now, try to get at least 1,000 out of it. Post it for like 3k but accepting offers for less
I would be a buyer for the card. I would go to $800… Save you guys more ebay fees and the fact that it could come in lower.
I agree with buy now at the $3k mark. Can we get some more pictures added? Maybe if each player and the back of the card? Just a thought.
I’m good with whatever everyone would like. That said at this point I would favor a buy it now to field offers if any to get top dollar of course even tho that would take a bit more effort of the firehand staff.
We’re kinda behind the 8-ball having incurred the reserve fee so maximizing value is optimal.
We can do a Buy it Now if everyone is in agreement. I would try to put a BIN closer to the amount everyone is willing to accept however. If we did a BIN of $3000 with consideration to accept anything over $1000, you might discourage the $1000 offer with a BIN that high. Just my opinion though… – Ryan
I guess no one like my offer of $800. LOL. I understand. A quick word of advice: Now that the card has gone through Ebay it will show in the completed section. Most people buying high end cards will look at what others like it or the same card have sold for or bid up to. Reading this I don’t undertsand what dollar amount you guys are looking for but let me know if you come up with one.
Hey guys, I’m going to go ahead and put this card up for a fixed price listing at the prices discussed above ($3k BIN, consider best offer at $1k plus). Please make sure to keep a keen eye on this thread…any offers I get will need to be disclosed here and discussed. We’ll keep the card up for a few weeks to see what kind of offers we can get. – Ryan
New eBay ID: 303194659148
Sounds great gents—-thank you!!
I have an informal offer of $1000. What do you guys think?
<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m certain as the season approaches the card will go higher. We still need to deduct the $250 and fees etc so we’d net less than $200 each—-seems on the low side to me.</p>
All that said, I’d prefer to hold out for a higher offer BUT if others want to sell now and put a little $$ in our pockets, that’s good with me as well.
Yeah if Firehand is cool with us sitting on it, I think the lowest I’d go right now is 1500
Also, I’d like to reiterate what Jacob said earlier. Would Ryan be able to take a few more pictures of the card for ebay? We need close ups of each card and a pic of the back of the card
I think we should wait on the card as well. Pre Season starts in less than a month and there will be more interest in the card then. Ryan, should we go ahead and pay for the reserve fee of $250 or are you ok with waiting until the cards sells? I am happy to send my $62.50 now just let me know. More pictures would be great.
To make things easier, we’ll wait until the card sells and we’ll settle up at that time on the reserve fee.
Hey guys, I have an outstanding offer potentially coming in for $1,000. Let me know what you think.
New offer of $1,250 that expires Sunday…thoughts?
Arghh was on vaca and just saw this new offer that is now expired—I still believe it will go higher. However, I will, as always do what the masses prefer should another offer arise.
Hi all. Should we get this thing sold? 7 day auction starting at $0.99 and let the chips fall where they may? I
Yeah i guess at this point I’m over it and ready to move it. Let’s hope Barkley has a huge game Sunday.
dennis75, are you ok with moving this one to auction as well? Please let us know when you get a free moment!
How much do you guys want for the card?
What is your offer, Nate?
Well I just saw you turned down 1,250 so I have no idea. I really thought it was worth around 1K but I was wrong. I guess I will just bid if it doesn’t go to high.
Of course Barkley goes in a boot before we can get this card moved.
It’s unfortunate but it happens. He will be back. It’s a high ankle sprain—nothing career ending or anything. That said if we want to get it sold then we should—make the price right for the taking. Otherwise we can bide our time. What would everyone like to do?
Hey guys, received a $2k offer for the card. Unfortunately, I didn’t catch it before it expired, but if you guys are good with that offer, I’ll message the potential buyer and see if he’ll re-submit the offer.
Let me know at your earliest opportunity if the offer sounds good.
I’m good with that.
Hey guys, looks like our patience will be paying off. Have a serious buyer @ $2494. Waiting on him to accept offer and will keep you posted.
Can we go ahead and knock this price down? 2400 sound good?
i would say we pull it and put it as an auction starting Sunday. It’s been sitting too long
I’m also fine with that
That sounds reasonable
I’ll be moving this card to auction tomorrow and will update this thread with a new item number once the auction goes live.
Remember we have $250 against this card, due to the reserve on the last time we posted this auction. This fee will be taken out of each share four ways once the card has been sold and paid for.
Hey guys, the card is scheduled to go to a live auction tonight @ 615p Pacific time, here is the new item number so that you may keep tabs on the card: 383415535543
Card just sold for 909.99. Hooray for breaking even. Lol I’m just glad to be done with it. I drove the bids up to 600 and had to tap out at that point.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.